Palmer Group issued the following statement Thursday 26th March 2020:
Palmer Group will be temporarily closing our business during the COVID-19 health emergency at the end of the day on Friday 27th March 2020.
Our top priority is to ensure the welfare of our employees and sub-contractors. As our world continues to change daily we have worked hard to continue to supply services to our valued clients. To mitigate the risk to health we have implemented Government advice and the Build UK safe operating procedures. But due to the nature of the services we deliver it is extremely difficult to continue to guarantee the welfare of our workforce as the current crisis continues to escalate.
Palmer Group have been serving our customers for over 30 years and it is with a heavy heart that I make this decision but I am sure you understand our position during this unprecedented crisis.
I cannot at this time provide details of when we will reopen for business. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and as soon as we have a clearer picture you will hear from us.
I extend a thank you from all of our team here at Palmer Group to our clients for your support during these challenging times and we pass on to you and your colleagues our very best wishes.
A Strong Customer Care Attitude
At the core of Palmer Group is a friendly, professional, family business that has grown steadily since 1980. Attention to detail and a real desire to “go the extra mile” is the key to all of the services on offer.
Owning a large fleet of specialist equipment with a strong local workforce and a good stock of parts and products, Palmer Group are able to respond quickly to most client requests and fine-tune the ever important costs. This flexibility makes us consistently one of the most cost effective suppliers in the market today.
Take a look at our specialist services and please feel free to contact us to discuss how we might be of assistance.
Our services include:
- Traffic Management for all projects
- Computer Aided Design for all site surveys
- Repair & Installation of Road Safety Fencing
- Fencing Solutions for Residential, Commercial & Agriculture projects
- Training Solutions for First Aid, Health and Safety, Traffic Management, Education and Construction courses.
You can have confidence in the service we provide knowing we have been assessed and registered by NQA against the provisions of ISO 9001: 2015 and National Highway Sector Schemes 2A, 2B, 12A/12B, 12C & 12D.
Palmer Group are proud that our Commercial Fencing, Safety Fencing (crash barrier) and Traffic Management operating divisions are ISO 9001:2015 certified.
We operate our Safety Fencing (crash barrier) and Traffic Management operating divisions within the framework of the National Highways Sector Schemes.
National Highway Sector Scheme 2A
- For the Design and/or Supply, Installation and Repair of Fences for Infrastructure Works
- BS EN 1722 fences, pedestrian guard rail, electric security fencing, concrete post and panel
National Highway Sector Scheme 2B
- For the Supply, Installation, Maintenance and Repair of Vehicle Restraint Systems
- Brifen wire rope, safety line, varioguard, barrierguard 800, tensioned corrugated barriers, un-tensioned corrugated barriers, open box beam, double rail open box beam, rectangular hollow sections, temporary vertical concrete blocks, vehicle restraint systems manufactured in accordance with BS EN 1317 (not including work on parapets or cast in-situ concrete barriers).
Temporary Traffic Management
National Highway Sector Scheme 12A/12B
- For Static Temporary Traffic Management on Motorways and High Speed Dual Carriageways Including Online Widening Schemes
National Highway Sector Scheme 12C
- For Mobile Lane Closure Traffic Management on Motorways and Other Dual Carriageways
National Highway Sector Scheme 12D
- For Installing, Maintaining and Removing Temporary Traffic Management on Rural and Urban Roads
As an established and responsible company we care about our obligations to the environment and take seriously our legislative responsibilities.
We have built an environmental management system in to the core of our business and have been assessed and registered by NQA against the provisions of ISO 14001:2015 for the supply, erection and repair of all types of vehicle safety fencing including general fencing and temporary traffic management
Construction Industry activities can be hazardous for everyone involved. We understand our responsibility to our workforce, clients, visitors and members of the public.
Palmer Group are a health and safety compliant business. We are accredited within the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) having demonstrated compliance with and sound management of current basic health and safety legislation.
Speed up your procurement process
As a CHAS accredited contractor we have already been assessed and pre-approved for Health and Safety compliance - so we can speed up your procurement process for your project. All you need is our certificate of assessment to demonstrate our safety competence and speed up the prequalification stage.